Listen to “5 Realistic Steps For A Healthier Lifestyle”.
When many people think of a healthy lifestyle, they immediately think of diet and exercise and completely ignore mental health. However, mental health is one of the most essential factors in creating a healthy lifestyle. Maintaining good mental health means occasionally putting your own needs first. We can’t take care of others if we don’t take care of our own mind and body.
How you think about yourself can have a massive impact on how you feel, mentally and physically. Negative thoughts can do a lot of harm to your self-confidence and impact those around you as well.
During the first 75 years of life, genes have a relatively small influence on longevity, accounting for only 20% to 25% of the reasons that you make it to that age. Not smoking, eating healthfully, getting plenty of exercise, and limiting alcohol matter the most. From a holistic perspective, health isn’t merely the absence of disease or symptoms; it is a state of optimal wellbeing, vitality, and wholeness.
And when we’re in an optimal state of dynamic balance, we naturally tend to listen to our body with love and reverence and make choices that support balance, happiness, and wellbeing. Here are some simple steps to start experiencing a more balanced and healthy life.
1. Take time each day to quiet your mind and meditate.
Meditation is one of the most powerful tools for restoring balance to our mind and body. In meditation, you experience a state of restful awareness in which your body is resting deeply while your mind is awake though quiet. In the silence of awareness, the mind lets go of old patterns of thinking and feeling and learns to heal itself.
2. Keep a list of things you like about yourself close by, and when you feel overwhelmed with negative thoughts about yourself, read it. Do something that makes you feel good about yourself. Think about things you have that you are grateful for. Cultivate healthy emotions like love, compassion, joy, gratitude and equanimity.
3. Eating healthy to lose weight is all about finding nutritious foods you enjoy that you can include in your diet for the rest of your life. There are a lot of diet plans out there that might work for you, such as paleo or keto diets. Eating healthy comes down to reducing your calories and including healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, lean meats, seafood, beans, and nuts in your meals.
Try to cut as much processed foods from your diet and look for whole foods instead. This doesn’t mean cutting everything you enjoy from your diet, it’s all about balance.
4. Just 30 minutes of exercise a day should help you offset osteoporosis, hold on to muscle mass, maintain your natural range of motion, avoid back pain, lower your risk of heart problems, and maintain a healthy sex life.
5. A hydrated body is our optimal and natural state of health, helping to flush toxins, reduce inflammation, lubricate joints, support your metabolism and improve energy, digestion, and mental performance. Often you’ll get a noticeable increase in health and vitality just from upping your water intake alone.
It’s absolutely essential to stay hydrated if you want long and lasting health. Water is your life source.
We are a whole, made up of emotions, a mind, a body, our relationships, and the environment which we inhabit. Therefore, let’s invest time and willpower into taking care of ourselves a little better. Take care of all of these areas that we sometimes neglect or overlook, without even realizing it…