Listen to “7-Day Detox Diet Plan”.
The body detox itself naturally thanks to the liver, colon and kidneys. The liver acts as a filter, preventing toxic substances from passing into the bloodstream. The colon flushes out unhealthy chemicals, and the kidneys continuously filter the blood to get rid of toxins in the form of urine.
However, the body is exposed to a lot of toxins daily, resulting from air pollution, chemicals found in foods, cosmetics and household cleaners. Therefore it’s essential to provide your body with an extra boost to help it ‘detox’ by itself.
If you’re hoping to lose a few pounds as well as achieve radiant skin and an abundance of energy, you may be drawn to the idea of a 7-Day Detox.
The 7-Day Detox often involves ‘clean eating’ – consuming an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables, while eliminating alcohol, caffeine, processed foods, salt, red or processed meats, dairy, wheat, crisps, sauces and fizzy drinks from your diet.
Many detoxes will encourage you to eat beans and lentils, oats, tofu, unsalted nuts, seeds, fish and dairy-free milk alternatives, such as almond milk and drink herbal teas and lots of water. With the DeepH App, you can easily monitor and control your weight changes during your 7-day Detox.
If you want to give it a go, then start making the right food choices and see how much better you feel.
When waking, drink a glass or two of warm water for instant rehydration. Follow the plain water with a slice of fresh lemon in warm water or a dandelion or nettle tea to help stimulate the bowels and remove waste from the body!
Foods to include in the plan:
- Fruit – your plan can include any fruit you like, and there’s an abundance to choose from. Whether it’s apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruit, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, nectarines, peaches or melons, you’ve got plenty of great delicious and nutritious options.
- Fruit juice – homemade fruit juices or smoothies made from fresh fruit.
- Vegetables – eat any vegetables you enjoy. This includes carrots, onions, turnip, swede, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers, leeks, courgettes, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, tomatoes, cucumber and spring onions. Just like fruit, there are a lot of great options out there to give you variety.
- Beans and lentils – beans are a great source of nutrition, and there are plenty of options: red kidney, haricot, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green lentils and brown lentils.
- Oats – try sprinkling oats over fresh fruit or use them to make porridge, sweetened with honey and fresh fruit.
- Brown rice
- Fresh fish – eat any fresh fish including cod, plaice, mackerel, salmon, lobster, crab, trout, haddock, tuna, prawns, Dover sole, red mullet, halibut, lemon sole, monkfish, swordfish. However, you shouldn’t eat more than three servings of fish a week due to the presence of mercury.
- Unsalted nuts – eat any nuts including Brazils, peanuts, almonds, cashew, hazelnuts, macadamia, pecans, pine nuts, pistachio, walnuts etc
- Unsalted seeds – eat any seeds including sunflower and pumpkin
- Live natural yoghurt
- Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Garlic, ginger and fresh herbs
- Ground black pepper
- Water – at least 2 litres a day. Tap or mineral water is fine.
- Herbal or fruit teas
Food to exclude entirely for 7 days. (or forever)
- Red meat, chicken, turkey and any meat products like sausages, burgers, and pate
- Milk, cheese, eggs, cream
- Butter and margarine
- Any food that contains wheat including bread, croissants, cereals, cakes, biscuits, pies, pastry, quiche, battered or breadcrumbed foods, etc
- Crisps and savoury snacks including salted nuts
- Chocolate, sweets, jam and sugar
- Processed foods, ready meals, ready-made sauces and takeaways
- Black tea and coffee
- Sauces, pickles, shop bought salad dressing, mayonnaise
- Fizzy drinks and squashes, including diet versions
It might be a bit of a struggle for the few weeks to come, but you can spend this time of isolation helping your body become healthier and happier.