More money. A better job title. A bigger house. A nicer wardrobe. We all want more. However, learning to feel satisfied with what you already have is definitely possible; it just takes a little conscious thought.
Many of us have grown up to believe that happiness is an external force we can’t control. We go about our lives waiting for happiness to happen to us! We think if we perhaps find the right partner, wear the right kind of clothes, have the dream job, or go on vacation, we will achieve the happiness we long for. Although in reality, happiness is a choice, a decision you can make to take control of your well being, and enjoy life to the fullest.
It can sometimes feel hard to keep up a happy state of mind. Happiness, like any emotion, isn’t permanent but it can be more consistent. Here is a simple guide which can help you to be happier every day.
- Live In the Present: The past is already gone, and the future is unknown. The present is the only moment we have, and happiness can only be experienced NOW!.
- Express Gratitude: Research shows that expressing gratitude can make you happier. Try to think about three things you’re thankful for at the end of each and every day.
- Pursue New Experiences, Rather than New Things: Experiences bring you a new perspective and a unique insight into life and the world around. They open up the way to change, and they give you a chance to stretch yourself and do things that perhaps you didn’t think were possible.
- Be Positive: People who are optimistic expect more positive than negative things from life, and that’s why optimists are happier. Well-being and satisfaction are tied to optimism.
- Get out into the world and connect with other people: So many of our connections with others are superficial, especially at work. However, hiding in plain sight lies the potential for new experiences and an expansion of your perception of others. It only takes a question or two to someone you know to broaden your horizons and change your perspective.
- Walk Among Mother Nature: No matter what our beliefs are, nature reminds us that we are part of a universe that is replete with beauty, mystery, and wonders to be explored.
Most of us don’t know what ‘surrender’ means. Many of us operate by attempting to control outcomes and situations and to make things happen. In contrast, surrender occurs when we release our need to control everything.
Happiness is a choice, and it starts with you!
Download DeepH Health Monitoring App and Feel Better Every Day!
Download on the App Store:
Get it on Google Play: