Listen to “Your Mind Is A Garden – Your Thoughts Are The Seeds”.
Thoughts are powerful things. They control our words, actions, feelings, emotions, and—if we’re not careful—us. Needless to say, what we think about is incredibly important. Therefore, it may help if you imagine your mind as being like a garden.
Your thoughts, opinions and concepts are all seeds in the garden of your mind. If you want to have a beautiful garden, you have to take care of these things regularly or even daily.
The seeds from which beautiful flowers will grow are the thoughts that bring positivity into your life. The right seeds are tender thoughts of sharing, connecting and loving yourself, people, nature and the world around you.
As a survival mechanism, we are programmed to think negatively. Looking for the negatives allows us to be aware of potential dangers around us. Evolutionarily speaking, that’s a good thing. It’s okay to feel down or think pessimistically sometimes, but choosing to respond with optimism, resilience, and gratitude will benefit you far more in the long run.
If you find it hard to see the positives in life, it will be hard to find and sustain happiness. Bad thoughts are like junk food. Junk food is unhealthy, and so are bad thoughts. They have no value for your mind, body, spirit or life. Therefore, you shouldn’t waste your time digesting these thoughts.
Take steps to cultivate beautiful, positive thoughts.
If you notice one negative thought, force yourself to counter it with two positive ones. Over time, you’ll start to override the negative voice in your mind. All it takes is practice!
Here are some inspiring positive affirmations to help you get started:
- I choose to be happy.
- My happy thoughts help create my healthy body.
- My life is taking place right here, right now.
- I am in perfect health. Wellness is the natural state of my body.
- I’m gifted with and surrounded by amazing friends and family.
- I choose to rise above negative feelings and eliminate negative thoughts.
- I am resilient, strong, and brave.
- Nobody but me decides how I feel.
- I am in charge of my thoughts, and I don’t judge myself.
- I accept and love myself, wholly and thoroughly.
- I choose only to think good thoughts.
If you find it challenging to get started, you can try Positive Affirmation for Negative Thoughts, which is available in the DeepH App in the Meditation section. It will help you separate yourself from the cycle of negative thoughts and remove their power over you.